Thursday, March 10, 2016

Consumer Alert: A 'Voc-Tech Scam' Being Ran By Caller Using 307-278-6036



Consumer Alert: A 'Voc-Tech Scam' Being Ran

Today my husband answered a call in which the caller asked for me by my first name. When I asked him to ask who was calling. The caller told him voc-tech.  My inner 'scam alert' signal sounded so I asked him to ask which one. The caller  (an east Indian accented female) told him that she was calling to verify my network. I told my husband to hang-up.

After doing a little research on the caller's phone number (307-278-6036 out of  Buffalo, WY),  I discovered that the caller is indeed a scammer. Click here and here to see what others have to say about  this caller.

****

A Community Alert:

In addition, I want to remind people that our security cameras not only record video but voice as well. In the past two weeks youths have been walking by using the most foul language that they could only learned from adults. This is new for us to hear these youths do, but we think they are aware of the cameras and that they are using bad language to get a reaction on purpose. On the occasions that these youths walked by either I or my husband and I have been on our porch and overheard them.

This is a very childish act for them to do, as we do not routinely listen to people passing by. However, we do want it known that our cameras are recording every sound close to our home.

Furthermore,  these youths were not walking on our street a month ago. Therefore, their doing so now is new. Where they came from is unknown to us, but they might be looking to start trouble on our block. If they are friends of the group of girls that started trouble here a couple years back, then we and my neighbors should be on alert whenever we happen to see these youths walking by our homes.

UPDATE: MARCH 31, 2016

Received a call from 212-777-3435. The caller claimed to be a tech for Windows.  I told the caller "NO!" and hang up. This is just another scammer using Windows (MS Windows) name to scan people into getting their computer and network information. DO NOT TRUST THEM! HANG UP AND REPORT THEM!

KEEP IN MIND THAT MICROSOFT DOES NEITHER RELEASES CONSUMERS INFORMATION, NOR CALL CONSUMERS ABOUT TECH ISSUES.

What is Widescreen Network News? Formerly The Constituent, this site is an informational website for some of today’s issues, such as consumer product alerts, health, education, & political views. This site also is for informing people of crimes in the community with the intent of preventing further crimes through awareness. This website is intended for readers 21 & over. It is not intended as a source of information for causing harm to others. THEREFORE, PARENTAL CONTROL IS STRONGLY ADVISED!