Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Praise and Thank You For a Job Done Well!

Hello Everyone,

Evelyn here,

What a glorious homecoming I had this evening. As my husband and I rounded the corner to our avenue, we saw Progress Energy workers installing an entirely new streetlight on the troubled corner where some of the residents who live up there sold illegal drugs.  

I believe this additional streetlight will help those of us who patrol our streets and avenues as members of the neighborhood crime prevention program. It will certainly make the other families here feel safer as they go out for an evening walk. 

As for those on the corner, at least two of the women from the main house that once sold the drugs challenged me. I reported them, but not before telling them exactly, what I thought of the activities with the illegal drugs, their terrible influence on the children, particularly with children from families in their paid care. Most importantly, I told them that the corners of this avenue, up the street and down the street are off limit to all who want to sell illegal drugs. 

Two days ago, I discover that these women have at least one other family home a few doors from where I live. This is a household of younger family members, and I believe they too have played a part in the troubles this avenue and neighborhood has experience since 2003. Good families are moving out and the trouble makers are moving in. Also, the boom car drivers are still active, but it involves some of the same people that I have already reported.  All we can do about this troublemakers is keep reporting them to the police department.

I am also getting calling from people who I am assuming have the last names of states. I am reporting these calls to the police department. If they continue, I will have Verizon trace the callers.

Nevertheless, the installations of this new streetlight is a clear message to the troublemakers on the corner that we, their neighbors, do not want their continued crime up there any longer, and that we will band together with persons in authority to stop them and make changes for the betterment of our avenue and neighborhood.

To the workers of Progress Energy, those employed with the Mayor Center, Mayor Rick Baker, and the Saint Petersburg Police Department - Praise and many Thank You for a job done well. 


Evelyn out.

What is Widescreen Network News? Formerly The Constituent, this site is an informational website for some of today’s issues, such as consumer product alerts, health, education, & political views. This site also is for informing people of crimes in the community with the intent of preventing further crimes through awareness. This website is intended for readers 21 & over. It is not intended as a source of information for causing harm to others. THEREFORE, PARENTAL CONTROL IS STRONGLY ADVISED!