Friday, January 20, 2006

The Woman Within The Website

Evelyn here,

Well, I have put a lot of work into putting the web site together.  Yes, I doing it myself.  It is great fun, and I have learned a great deal.  As for the web pages, I am into the editing stage.  I am please with my results so far, and I should have the site up no later than this Sunday evening if I do not encounter any problems uploading. 

I have also received a proposal to start a women group with a friend.  She thinks we should be able to launch The Woman Within as a weekly group at our church. We must first obtain permission from our parish. If it is granted, then we will meet one night a week on the church's grounds. I like the idea, but at the same time it is a little scary. 

The blog and my newly made web site would remain regardless of whether a group is successful or not.  We would be seeking to make the meeting a support group based on the topics I have outlined on this blog.  The subject of women, women careers, health, education and safety issues. In short, all things pertaining the what makes us women.  You could think of it as an up front bonding of women.  More on this in the future.  It is still in the talking stage.

As for the my web site, unlike this blog, it will be public.  However, there will be a link on the web site to the blog making it public.  I can not change the blob to public using the commands here without losing all the data and graphics I have placed on it.  The only way preserve everything is by a physical link the a web site.  I will also replace the comments option section.  So far, all who have seen these pages possess the direct address either given by me or passed on by someone.  I never intended for the blog to remain private. When I created it, I was not knowledgeable of the fact that I could lose data if I changed to public status.  At first, I think I wanted to see how well the blog would do, and now it is going the merge with a web site of the same name.  Not bad for this little old freelancer. I am happy with that perception.

Have a good Friday.

Evelyn out.

 

 

  

What is Widescreen Network News? Formerly The Constituent, this site is an informational website for some of today’s issues, such as consumer product alerts, health, education, & political views. This site also is for informing people of crimes in the community with the intent of preventing further crimes through awareness. This website is intended for readers 21 & over. It is not intended as a source of information for causing harm to others. THEREFORE, PARENTAL CONTROL IS STRONGLY ADVISED!