Saturday, May 27, 2006

Reflections on Truth and Breaking down The Myths

Hello everyone,

 

Evelyn here,

 

It may appear that I have gotten off the central theme of this blog. However, the “Woman Within’ is right on target. The topics and events I have entered here are important to women, and have origins based on fact. My one wish is for all my women readers to find something of value from the entries here. However, what the reader takes away from is based on the reader understanding of what is written. This is why I present my entries as raw and open as possible. Perhaps, I am not as raw as I could be, but my readers will find truth.

 

When this blog was only an idea, I was aware of the fact that some people do not like, will not like, and would object to some of what I write. I expected it, and  I still committed myself to presenting a truthful and informative blog.  I do not believe it is good for me as a writer to let the dislikes and objections of some readers to detour me from writing on topics that make them uncomfortable and/or angry. When confronted with open objection, distortion of what is plainly written, and other display of disapproval I feel affirmed that I on the right track and have done a good job of it.

 

However, I want it known that I have dislikes and objections of my own that stem from people open display of intolerant and prejudice. I believe such people to be naïve, insecure, and in much need of either more social enlightenment as to where we are trying to go today as a people, or as resulting from some examples presented to me, in need of psychological help. 

 

Nevertheless, as a woman and an intelligent woman within the working community, there is couple of topics that I hoped that I would never have to touch. The first topic that I speak of is the prejudices that falls in the ranges of gender, age, and sex. The second topic is about maintaining truth, and integrity in the work place and what happens when these two factors break down.

 

As in my narration of Doris in “A Little Nickel Bag”, the topics I will present within the following entries will take time, as I do not want to hurry the writing and lose the essence of the topics with unnecessary emotions. I try to will present the topics from the most objective point of view that I possess. 

 

In closing, I invite all readers with similar views and/or experiences to share their thoughts and email me at a special email address I have created just for these upcoming entries. All submissions that I post will be treated as anonymous to protect those senders wishing it.   I can be emailed at reflections589@yahoo.com.

 

Evelyn out!

What is Widescreen Network News? Formerly The Constituent, this site is an informational website for some of today’s issues, such as consumer product alerts, health, education, & political views. This site also is for informing people of crimes in the community with the intent of preventing further crimes through awareness. This website is intended for readers 21 & over. It is not intended as a source of information for causing harm to others. THEREFORE, PARENTAL CONTROL IS STRONGLY ADVISED!