Monday, May 15, 2006

Singled Out! Updated

Hello everyone,

Evelyn here,

As you may have guessed, I have been singled out for open but subdued harassment. This is nothing new to me. It is just a little more apparent because I have taken the stance to rid that corner of the illegal drug sell and use that have occurred there. 

The police department and perhaps some unknown residents of my area are helping to keep the corner clear of all the extreme actions that happens there; however, there are more vehicles driving by and around the area that are playing loud negative music. I also believe that those who are spreading their negativity are or have tried to influence governing members of my church. Although I have spoken out about wanting to rid this street and corner of the criminalistic behavior that occur on it, there are very few that I have spoken directly to about this matter. And, I am not unaware the this negative talk is an attempt to discredit if not me than my motives for wanting these pushers and their goons to stop harassing me and others that I know as well as stopping the drug flow on that corner. 

I am not surprise. This type of thing was done that first time I reported these people. However, I was very naive of the backlash that could come from reporting such activities and my family and I suffered greatly because I wanted a drug free avenue. I am no longer that naive and their actions and motives are all to clear for me to miss.

Nevertheless, I am continuing with my present course to keep the drugs off that corner.

I have also been singled out as unwelcome by some in other parts of the city but the motives behind it runs deeper and I believe that those wanting the discredit me are using race as an issue. It is true that racism and a lot more isms still are alive in our society; nevertheless, I am appalled that these people in my area would use such an inflammable subject, as a way to start problems for me elsewhere is this city. However they have done this in our past encounter also, and I do not intend to be bullies by the people they have triggered into negative actions such as shadowing out me of an area or trying to cause an incident once, I reached this area. Those who try are showing me a lack moral maturity that is present which in a reasonable adult and that intimidation, stalking, and other harassment is what drives them. Then, I am speaking persons who have demonstrated strong criminal personalities. Regardless of their attempts to cause problems, I will conduct my business as usual, no matter where I am, and I will report any open display of bias behavior that I know is stemming from the above situation on this street.

I want a drug free street. I want streets that I can walk through at night and not be harassed and intimidated and overwhelmed by the smell of marijuana. 

I never expected to be loved for my stance on wanting a drug area, however, I do expect to be respected and not mistreated and/or singled out for my views and actions to rid that corner of its criminal actions. 

In short, as I have stated to a member of the police department I want these people to "Stop Hassling Me! 

If those who are harassing and singling me out or trying drive me out of another area are so against what I am trying to do here, then leave the matter along, and not make it worse. Two wrongs do not make a right.

I know that getting rid of the drug activities here will take time, and that these people have to be caught in the act by members the police department before their actions are truly stopped. I believe that this will happen in time and I do not believe the residents of here who, like me, neither  want the drugs nor the crime that come with should has to wait for police intervention to stop it. I believe these people have been reported enough times for the truth not to be known. So, if there are others who cannot or are unwilling to help stop the crime, here please do not add to it by falling for the one we are fighting against to gain a drug free area. Their string of negativity is only put out to break me goal for having this street and others drug free.

The police department might not be happy with my method but I am not committing any crimes.

Here! Here! For a crime free area and out with the illegal drugs!

Evelyn out.

TI wrote this earlier morning, since then I have been monitored and perhaps photographs while working but outside. The green vehicles still drive by in multiples when a reach this section of the neighborhood. I know it is done on purpose but as I stated before it something they done in the past when I was trying to get the crime watch going and I became aware of the fact that we have a predator one over from us. Someone told the guy and people have been trying to harass me since. Unfortunately, the person that told is among the group who are causing of the trouble. 

I suspect that many people never knew why that particular color car.  It was all about stopping the crime watch program from coming in or my bringing it in.  No matter, the drivers are wasting gas. At nearly $3.00 a gallon, I say to them, "Keep wasting your gas."

Evelyn out again

 

What is Widescreen Network News? Formerly The Constituent, this site is an informational website for some of today’s issues, such as consumer product alerts, health, education, & political views. This site also is for informing people of crimes in the community with the intent of preventing further crimes through awareness. This website is intended for readers 21 & over. It is not intended as a source of information for causing harm to others. THEREFORE, PARENTAL CONTROL IS STRONGLY ADVISED!