Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Bad History and Lies That Bind

Hello Everyone,

 

Evelyn here,

 

Several years ago, when I was attempting to start a much-needed Crime Prevention program for my community, I ran afoul of some of the unsavory residents. Regardless of the fact I had the approval of one the St Petersburg Police crime prevention officer to start the program, I was constantly hassled and harassed.

 

This was the time when the drugs pushers moved has setup residency on my street (they later moved to the corner where they are today), and I happened to see two of them counting and packaging their illegal drugs in small plastic bags. It was about 2 AM in the morning and I reported it. Unfortunately, I did not know that someone had told them that it was I who was reported them. 

 

These pushers had worked with children in a home based daycare center. So there were multitudes of cars coming and going all the time on our street. The regular residents had a hard time coming and going or just trying to walk on the street wherever these people were in operation. Because these pushers were forewarned that someone from the police department might want to talk with them, they covered their tracks, and I, the eyewitness, was harassed that much more, along with my son and husband who were both clueless and somewhat disbelieving. They simply did not want to believe this about a group of people who spoke kindly to them and smile graciously at them, while harassing me to no ends. The word wasthat these people wanted me to mind my own business as they sold their drugs, bullied me, bullied my family, and bullied any other families who did not want their drug on ours streets. 

 

Year after year they would harass me, I would report them, some would be forewarned them, and again, I would be harassed. Finally I day said to hell with them and turned away from the vicious circle they had created but that never stop their harassment, damaging private property, harming and maiming household pets or corrupting good people wherever I went. Yes, that meant stalking. They still do it, as well as turning their car in my direction as if the drive into me. I reported this many times and it would stop for a while. After the hospital write up they started again and included my husband and I believe they got him of November 28th. Luckily, the damage was limited to the car’s bumper, and there was nothing to be gained financially from the accident. Why do I think as I do? Try coming home from a night at church to find when you turn onto that corned that they have placed a dull black horizontally on that street, and that there were no lights between their house and the next corner.  Yes, I believe.

 

Of their attempts to intimidate me there is one direction where they go that more reflection of their twisted need for revenge, and it is inciting people from different racial backgrounds with some nonsense to me join their harassment of me. I do not know what our foreign residents were told, but it been clear to me that the people on my block that are trying to cause me  as much trouble as possible in anyway they think will work and not be traced back to them. In addition, their actions shows that they do not care about the truth and are using people from different racial backgrounds without regards as towhat might become of them. They do not care if these foreigners are caught or if they got themselves arrested, imprisoned, or deported all to save a lousy group of drug pushers.

 

Well, sadly this is still the case today, a family whose grandson set fire to my vegetable garden a few years back were attempting to intimidate me by this same manner and lack of respect and regard for foreigner they were using. It did not work and now their secret is told.  Are they in with those on the corner? Yes, and have been for years. I let the grandson go and did not press the manner any further, which I know now was a mistake on my part. He and his young friend were misled by the same adults who at the time did not care if the two got themselves arrested. They repaid my kindness with more harassment.

 

Why is all this happening? My guess is that they are upset about their involvement with what happened to me in that hospital a few years ago and of the beating of my son, by supposedly unknown person, and that my husband, who they were targeting for ill, turned from them. He has learned that they only wanted use him. Perhaps to say “He socializes with us and we don’t know what she talking about. I am a very Christian woman and fortunately an intelligent one. I see beyond the glamour to who they really are.

 

However, and this is for our foreigners. I come from a very large and diverse family, which is comprised of many racial and ethnic backgrounds. As a whole, I am proud of my family and all of its interracial ties that to my personal knowledge have spanned a period of a century and a half. 

 

I find way in which the non-black and not just the foreigners, of our city are used by those on my street and those from that corner to be a disgrace. I find their use (and there is no other word for what is happening) an affront to all that racial equality and racial acceptance has come to mean to me as a woman, a black person who respects the laws of this land, and as a Christian.

 

I have no more to say.

 

Evelyn out.

What is Widescreen Network News? Formerly The Constituent, this site is an informational website for some of today’s issues, such as consumer product alerts, health, education, & political views. This site also is for informing people of crimes in the community with the intent of preventing further crimes through awareness. This website is intended for readers 21 & over. It is not intended as a source of information for causing harm to others. THEREFORE, PARENTAL CONTROL IS STRONGLY ADVISED!