Sunday, March 12, 2006

A Little Nickel Bag

Hello everyone,

Evelyn here,

I am distressed of late by a problem that has affected my neighborhood, as I am sure it is a problem in several other neighborhoods in this city. I am particularly distressed and concerned about its rapid growth on street up and on the corner from me. This problem is the use and sell of illegal drugs such as marijuana.

The sell and abuse of this drug is not an unreported occurrence, but its sell has been very hard to rid of, and each time I see the young men on the streets along side cars and smell of it on the street, I am reminded of what such habit cost someone I once knew.

The following narrative is based on a true event that happened more than thirty years ago and will take up a few entries over the next week or two. I have changed the names of those once involved and those still living. However, I feel strongly that this is a story that must be told because those who are selling illegal drugs today are no different from those who sold it thirty years ago. They neither care about the people they sell the drugs to, nor of the many lives that are either damaged or lost for their illicit profit. In addition, many are made victims of their illegal trafficking of these drugs and those who tried to rid of the drugs from the streets are victimized, but I am tired of being a victim. So, I write this in the hope that someone will help clear our streets outlawed business.

 As a former psychiatric nurse, I hope that after  read this narrative in its entirety that it is of help some readers to think twice before taken the illegal drug.  Just follow the entries below.

What is Widescreen Network News? Formerly The Constituent, this site is an informational website for some of today’s issues, such as consumer product alerts, health, education, & political views. This site also is for informing people of crimes in the community with the intent of preventing further crimes through awareness. This website is intended for readers 21 & over. It is not intended as a source of information for causing harm to others. THEREFORE, PARENTAL CONTROL IS STRONGLY ADVISED!