Sunday, March 19, 2006

MONK

Hello everyone,

Evelyn here,

Some time back, I overheard members of my parish talking about a television show on the USA Studios Network, called Monk. Not having seen the show, I thought the series was about a clerical monk turned detective, and it sparked my interest so I decide to watch the show one evening. 

I caught a marathon of the show and discovered that it was about a detective named Monk but that he has never been a monk. Go figure, I heard of it in church and I had a modern day Brother Cadfael in mind. Brother Cadfael was a 12th century fictional monk created by the late author Ellis Peters. The Cadfael stories are a great read, if you can find them. Nevertheless, I was not disappointed in the show Monk

I was immediately caught up in Monk and his hypochondriac personality. As I laughed my way thorough several of the marathon reruns, I thought to myself that this guy is worst than Colombo, but by some miraculous means he solves the case, catches his man or woman all while risking life and limb in a germ riddled world.

Recently, I learned that Monk is on Friday nights at 10 PM ET. I like this show and recommend it to everyone who likes playing arm chair detective and having lots of laughs doing it.

Evelyn out.

What is Widescreen Network News? Formerly The Constituent, this site is an informational website for some of today’s issues, such as consumer product alerts, health, education, & political views. This site also is for informing people of crimes in the community with the intent of preventing further crimes through awareness. This website is intended for readers 21 & over. It is not intended as a source of information for causing harm to others. THEREFORE, PARENTAL CONTROL IS STRONGLY ADVISED!