Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Battling Bullies -Protectors of Sellers and Users and of Illegal Drugs

Hello

Evelyn here,

I defending myself from our local bullies. You know the types. The ones who manage to stay low key until some else want to push someone around by intimidating them. Yes, it would seem that our little illegal drug pushers are trying to shut the old girl up with threats and other unsavory tactics,  I strongly suspect their threats and other destructive behavior has worked well on many in the years they have lived among us. 

However, I have grown up since my last encounter with them a few years back, and the fact that they have remained in operation all this time is proof of how prettily them have gotten around our local P. D. It also speaks of how, sadly, there been no banning together of neighbors to get rid of the drugs. You might not be able to rid yourself of the people selling the drugs, but with persistence, you can be rid of the selling of illegal drugs.

Some might be saying, “She shouldn’t be trying to stop this. It’s dangerous.” Well, yeah, it is dangerous, but I like neither the use of illegal drugs by anyone nor the sale of it. However, I refuse to live among them without making my stances on the issue known and attempting to get through to others that the sale of the illegal drug must stop and that the people who are it are only thinking of their needs.

Those who buy these drugs mean no more to pushers than a means to their own selfish ends. If the buyers (users) dies or ends up in a vegetable state for life, their lost means no to the seller than a temporary lapses  in illegal income ( some child’s pampers, shoes, or formula) that is quickly replaced by a new victim in a short span of  time. I imagine that procuring new users to a pusher is like selling a use car. The pusher has a good sales pitch, and like a use car that is sold “as is”, there are no warranties or guarantees that your will not be altered forever.

I speak for no others, but myself, and I want the illegal drug sell on that corner stopped. Am I alone in this? I really do not know. All I know is that while a small group of families has knowingly allowed their children to amuse themselves by harassing and manipulating the masses, the sell of illegal drugs on our street has risen. To my amazement, everyone around me appeared preoccupied with trying to ignore the children and not finding them (and I not forgetting the few would like to stop me from being so up front in this pitiless situation).  

Nevertheless, it is a sad state of affairs when families who attempted to stand up against the pushers were forced out of their home, their property trespassed destroyed, and if they did not move they find themselves threaten and harassed, their children beaten, and themselves beaten if the pushers can manipulate someone into doing it.  God forbid that they should have to do the dirty deeds themselves. I mean, why bother when you can mess up entire family structures.

 

This has been my street. This is that corner.

Evelyn out.

 

What is Widescreen Network News? Formerly The Constituent, this site is an informational website for some of today’s issues, such as consumer product alerts, health, education, & political views. This site also is for informing people of crimes in the community with the intent of preventing further crimes through awareness. This website is intended for readers 21 & over. It is not intended as a source of information for causing harm to others. THEREFORE, PARENTAL CONTROL IS STRONGLY ADVISED!