Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Family Watchdog

Hello everyone,

Evelyn here, and I have a serious subject to tell you about.

A few years back, I attempted to start a neighborhood crime watch or Crime Prevention as it is called today.  However, I was neither well received nor supported.  Instead, I and my family were made victims by the very people I sought to help me get a crime watch in our area.  I saw a need for a crime watch, but there was very, very few who took me seriously and many made an open joke of me. 

At that time, one of the major issues I believed that we should have addressed and made aware of was the number of sexual predators in our immediate living area.  At that time, there were thirteen (13) registered sex offenders in walking distant to were we lived.  To me that was a very disturbing number of predators living and/or working among us and our children.

As to how many sexual predators there are today in our area is unknown by me because when I and my family where repeatedly subjected to one form of harassment, destruction of property, abuse after another, I lost interest.  Attempting to help and improve our neighborhood nearly destroyed our family, and I believe that it is the cause of many other families moving away. More to the point, those families and.or individuals who act as "the neighborhood bullies" ran off many families who did not agree with them or they ( the bullies) simply did like.  We needed a crime watch and not just for the safety our children but the family unit as a whole. 

Recently, I was told that there is a crime watch in our neighborhood now; however, I have no faith in it because things seen worse, and the bullies are still here.  Anyone who knows my area knows that I speak the truth. 

However, this is just a little back history to explain why I have posted "Family Watchdog" in my links section.  It is a long awaited project approved our governor, Jeb Bush, the Attorney General of the State of Florida Charlie Crist and the State of Florida.  Family Watchdog is an user friendly web site to help families protect themselves and their children.  Check it out.

There is no appropriate mood for this entry listed above.  However, this subject is very,very serious and should be viewed as such by all who read this blog.

Evelyn out.

What is Widescreen Network News? Formerly The Constituent, this site is an informational website for some of today’s issues, such as consumer product alerts, health, education, & political views. This site also is for informing people of crimes in the community with the intent of preventing further crimes through awareness. This website is intended for readers 21 & over. It is not intended as a source of information for causing harm to others. THEREFORE, PARENTAL CONTROL IS STRONGLY ADVISED!