Sunday, March 16, 2008

CONTINUOUS TROUBLE ON THE AVENUE – BETTER STREET LIGHTING ON THE WAY

Hello everyone,

 

Evelyn here,

 

I been working towards getting hat additional light of the corner where the families who keep this avenue and the neighborhood in an uproar. There is an agreement to upgrade to presence lighting system and trim back some of tree. I will also be looking another having a street lamp installed in front of my property. According to reliable sources, this first six feet of property belongs to the city and having street lamp installed in form of my property for neighborhood safety purposes should be no problem.  I made it known that to install a street light directly front on my property is okay with me.

 

There are more activities on the streets in the evening and particularly on the weekends where drivers and I believe they are younger drivers who have connection with the teenage troublemaker across the street from me that are causing the continual upset on ours streets.

 

Two night ago the mother of the teenage boy who has been playing his car music loud regardless of the number of time the police has been out to his house got a visit from the St. Petersburg Police department. Apparently, this young boy and his female companion got into a little trouble with another resident of the block, and as usual, his mother lied in his defense to the officer on the scene. 

 

I do not know what the trouble was between the two families. However, I do know that the police officers on the scene were informed that this was the same young boy who stalked me and tried force me to drive at higher speeds on that winding rode by tailgating closely behind me recently. If I turned right onto a street, he would also. If I turned right, he would also. When I stopped to let him drive by with the hopes of getting hisplate number he only drove up into traffic and then pulled over then got up behind me again and continued his attempt to force me to drive faster. 

 

Keep in mind I was on a made a 911 call while most of this was happening. I believe this young troublemaker spotted me on my cell phone and figured out that I was talking to the police department, or he just realized how much traffic was out there that morning and the number of drivers watching him. Whatever the case, he stopped perusing me and drove off ahead on the rode until I lost sight of him and I never got his plate number.

 

Now he hides his plate number whenever he is home by backing his car up front of his mother house as close as he can to stop me or other people from getting his plate number. His mother and the other young female who lives in that house park their car on the side and front of his to help hide the plate number. However, if the car he drives, a light blue Sebring (2006 – 2008), is not registered to him, it is probably in his mother’s name. 

 

Since this young boy began his harassment of me and other neighbors on the block there has been more incidents of music being played at odd of the night on this avenue and the one near by it. There has even been strange activity out here at 3.00 AM in the morning that cause me to do a crime watch check of the area. I reported what I saw to the police department.

 

The police department has had cruisers out in this area more lately. However, the troublemakers are taking advantage of their absences and the knowledge that by the time the police officers shows up on the scene they (the troublemakers) are either gone or have stop the disturbance. 

 

For a better and safer neighborhood, we must stand together and make those reports to the police department. 

 

You can always remain anonymous when you make your reports. There is a crime tip number on the sidebar of this site. You can also call the community police officers and contact Mayor Baker.

 

 

Evelyn out.

 

 

For past articles, check the archives.

What is Widescreen Network News? Formerly The Constituent, this site is an informational website for some of today’s issues, such as consumer product alerts, health, education, & political views. This site also is for informing people of crimes in the community with the intent of preventing further crimes through awareness. This website is intended for readers 21 & over. It is not intended as a source of information for causing harm to others. THEREFORE, PARENTAL CONTROL IS STRONGLY ADVISED!