Thursday, June 22, 2006

Researching For Resurrection: The Return of Xena

I am now

in the midst of researching for "Resurrection: The Return of Xena". I am a fuss bucket for details and descriptive storylines. After reviewing what I wrote last year I made a few changes, and I probably will make more changes because I am not very good with present tense narrative. However, I think I am off to a good start. In searching for material to give the story some authenticity found a couple of wonder sites on Japanese folklore and database of several hundreds folklore sites. Research will keep me busy for a time, and I will learn more about the Japanese culture. Once I get a good feel of Japan story telling, I will be able to fly with my own story. 

I do research for many of my stories because I want to feel connected with it and the happening with the characters. I am not just the writer of a story but an active spectator. If you do not understand what I mean, asks another writer specially one of fiction and fantasy.

What is the writing experience to me? It is like unbridled passion or my idea of it. It is like swimming deeper and deeper in far end of a pool for the first time, and after touching the bottom, fearfully resurfacing to breathe the air again.

So, be patient with me as I write this story. If post something that is not just right, I will probably change, correct, and/or add to it.

Evelyn out.

 

What is Widescreen Network News? Formerly The Constituent, this site is an informational website for some of today’s issues, such as consumer product alerts, health, education, & political views. This site also is for informing people of crimes in the community with the intent of preventing further crimes through awareness. This website is intended for readers 21 & over. It is not intended as a source of information for causing harm to others. THEREFORE, PARENTAL CONTROL IS STRONGLY ADVISED!