Wednesday, November 9, 2005

My Artwork - Faces of Jesus

Hi there,

Above are two drawing of Jesus that I did because a priest from my parish once asked a group of us if Jesus came today what He would look like to us. Many in the group had a clear idea of what Jesus would look like to them. However, I was the oddball, and I stated that I had no idea because after having seen so many paintings of Jesus from many perspectives and cultures, He could look like whomever I needed him to look like at that time. I was told that this was an honest answer, but it troubled me, and the question kept returning to me. Then one night I so weighted down by the thought that I in turn started drawing and using different graphic programs until I product my first drawing, which is entitled "The Face- An Image of Jesus". I did it in 2004. It was not an easy thing to do because I did not and still do not have any formal art training. Yet, although I am no Michelangelo, I am still expressed with my first attempt which is all computer generated. My second drawing "I See Your Face" was done in July 2005, and is a combination of a hand drawing that I made and then later scanned into my computer. I then used several computer graphic programs effects to enhance the image. I am pleased with the results, and the original sketch is hanging on my wall. In the beginning, I admit to feeling a little childish, but during the time that has passed since I did the first two drawings, I have looked other artwork that has made me feel proud of my final efforts. Art is so expressive and interpretive that I feel comfortable with it now. Recently, I have started a third drawing based on the face of Jesus but from a different angle, and I want to make Him face as full of emotion as possible. I am looking to create a series of faces. In addition, I like creating pictures that tell a story by using regular paint brush tools, png, jpeg, PSP tubes, and gif graphic formats. The third picture entitled "Revenville" is example of what I call Graphic Stories. It has many other names and is an art form used by others artists. To make this drawing and the one that follow, I used free pngs that I gathered from the Web and many PNGs that I made myself. I found making PNGs easy and fun. Revenville is the first of three graphic stories I have done based on the same theme. I like this form art. My fourth piece is entitled "Tears of Time". It also tells and tale. It is easy to see that the story is a sad one. These two drawings were completed in 2003 and beforethe Jesus’drawings. In the past few years, I have spent many hours creating these images, and these are just a few. Well, I could go on and on with this topic, but I will end it here. One more thing. All of these drawings I have used as wallpaper for my desktop. Goodnight, Evelyn

What is Widescreen Network News? Formerly The Constituent, this site is an informational website for some of today’s issues, such as consumer product alerts, health, education, & political views. This site also is for informing people of crimes in the community with the intent of preventing further crimes through awareness. This website is intended for readers 21 & over. It is not intended as a source of information for causing harm to others. THEREFORE, PARENTAL CONTROL IS STRONGLY ADVISED!