Saturday, November 19, 2005

What Makes Art?

Good morning,

I am feeling great today, and I wanted to share with you some of artwork that I have done while teaching myself how to use graphic programs. I developed a new and unique sense of art that I view as beautiful. Much of my early art form is abstract and I make use of geometric figures. The other art I display with scriptures or an original poem is done with pngs or jpegs but are pleasing to my eyes and sense of what is art.

Since creating this art, I have advanced on to creating figures such of the faces of Jesus. However, I will always create something use the abstract and geometric because what I come up with amazes pleases me. Someday I will have some of these blown up as wall art for my home.

This last is a modified verse of a poem I wrote on December 20, 2000 named "Blest", but after editing today, I now call "Salvation's Light".

**************

Salvation's Light

 

Jesus, my Lord of earth and heaven,

hear my poor and humble song of praise.

Even though my heart is fragile and

my love seems so slow in coming,

Your love for me is overwhelming.

At times when I sense your present near,

I feel that I must withdraw

from your sacred stare,

or become consumed by you promised blest.

But, I fear to walk away, and tremble

with the sober thought of your graciousness

which stops me from losing your love so fine.

So hear me, my Lord and salvation's light,

let me always bathe in your passion divine

and hold my humble apprenticeship

along your holy vine.

                Evelyn F. Altheimer-Fain©November19, 2005

***************

 

What is Widescreen Network News? Formerly The Constituent, this site is an informational website for some of today’s issues, such as consumer product alerts, health, education, & political views. This site also is for informing people of crimes in the community with the intent of preventing further crimes through awareness. This website is intended for readers 21 & over. It is not intended as a source of information for causing harm to others. THEREFORE, PARENTAL CONTROL IS STRONGLY ADVISED!