Monday, February 27, 2006

BGS Downloaded

Hello everyone,

 

Evelyn here,

 

I was invited to join a Xena Warrior Forum and I am glad that I did because I can post entries to other diehard Xena and know that I conversing with someone who is just as wild about the show as me. It does not appear to matter that the series have been off for years. We have great fun and learn what is happening with the stars and other Xenites sites.

However, one of the entries that I post was more of a review of Lucy Lawless official come back to the small screen series on BSG. Below is a portion of that review. Enjoy!

 

****************************

D’Anna Biers vs. Xena Warrior Princess

 

I never saw BSG from it beginnings as the miniseries, but I will catch up. To be honest, I heard that Lucy Lawless would be on the show last season and I have been a fan of it since that time.

 

I love Lucy as D’Anna Biers or 3 and yes, she does detest 6 and Sharon for their inherited human emotions. I never saw BSG from it beginnings as the miniseries, but I will catch up. To be honest, I heard that Lucy Lawless would be on the show last season and I have been a fan of it since that time.

 

Lucy as the evil Cylon, 3, is a controlled evil Xena.  D’Anna does have not the mania evilness that made Xena evil. However, after seeing her challenge Starbuck’s missing lover and then getting herself killed for the effort, I believe that when she is “downloaded” again, she will be one pissed off, vengeful Cylon hot on the trail of Sharon and 6. What is number 6’s name?

 

I recorded the episode and watched it twice. I was intrigued by thefact the on the Cylon world of Caprica many of the Cylons appear to of four molds. I saw several same four characters, Sharon, D’Anna, 6 and the male Cylon. Seeing so many in the same scenes freaked me out a little, and I kept thinking spare parts ready for download.

 

I also find it interesting that after a very emotion encounter with a human a downloaded Cylon is very emotional and feels intense love, anger, and what I think will be D’Anna driving emotion toward finding and then “boxing” Sharon and 6, intense hate. As it is D’Anna, thinks of the other two women as flawed machines who think of themselves as humans.

 

It seems that number 6 and the vice president, Dr. Gaius Baltar, are the ying and yang of the other. Both are weak without the other.

 

It is also interesting to note that after an intense encounter with humans the Cylons are now two groups -- those who love and regret destroying of humans, and those, like D’Anna, who want to destroy everything not Cylon.

 

Enough for now, but I will not miss episode of BSG’s third season. I want to see how well D’Anna develops as a character as oppose to Xena.

 

***********************************

 

On further reflection, this series also had a strong religious bent where the Cylon believe in the "ONE TRUE GOD" (one can assume that one true God is of Christian origins). While the Battlestar crews believes in multiple "god", who are more like the Greek gods.

 

In addiction to the well portrayed D'Anna/ Number 3 subplot, I did not like President Roslin stealing the half human/half Cylon baby and then leaving the parents think their child had died. This twist in the plot will in itself sparks much interest from viewers of it fate. How its eventual returns to its parents the affect that will have on the humans of the Battlestar Galactica and the Cylon nation as well is of great interest.

 

Battlestar Galactica Cast:

Edward James Olmos .... Commander William Adama
Mary McDonnell .... Colonial President Laura Roslin
Jamie Bamber .... Captain. Lee Adama (Apollo)
Katee Sackhoff .... Lieutenant. Kara Thrace (Starbuck)
James Callis .... Dr. Gaius Baltar
Tricia Helfer .... Number 6 
Grace Park .... Lt. Sharon Valerii (Boomer)/ Sharon - reincarnated Cylon
Michael Hogan.... Col. Paul Tigh
Lucy Lawless.... D'Anna Biers/ Number 3

 

Evelyn out.

 

What is Widescreen Network News? Formerly The Constituent, this site is an informational website for some of today’s issues, such as consumer product alerts, health, education, & political views. This site also is for informing people of crimes in the community with the intent of preventing further crimes through awareness. This website is intended for readers 21 & over. It is not intended as a source of information for causing harm to others. THEREFORE, PARENTAL CONTROL IS STRONGLY ADVISED!