Monday, May 19, 2008

OBAMA WARNS AGAINST USING MICHELLE AS AN ISSUE

Hello Everyone,

Evelyn here,

with an excerpt from Mike Allen's Politico Playbook Daily Update dated May 19, 2008.

----------

LOW CLASS, DETESTABLE" - Senator Obama, speaking to Robin Roberts on ABC's "Good Morning America," warns Republicans against trying to make Michelle an issue: "The GOP, should I be the nominee- I think can say whatever they wanna say about me, my track record. I've been in public life for 20 years. ... If they think that they're gonna try to make Michelle an issue in this campaign, they should be careful. Because, that I find unacceptable. ... The notion that you start attacking my wife or my family - you know, Michelle is the most honest, the best person I know. She is one of the most caring people I know. She loves this country. And for them to try to distort or to play snippets of her remarks in ways that are unflattering to her I think is ... just low class. And I think they - most of the American people would think that as well. I would never think of going after somebody's spouse in a campaign. And for - especially for - people who purport to be promoters of family values ... o start attacking my wife in a political campaign, I think ... is detestable."

Senator Obama has his largest crowd to date - 75,000 people in Portland, Ore., according to city authorities -60,000 inside the gates and 15,000 outside the gates.

The spoilsport Portland Oregonian puts the number watching from outside at a mere 12,000.

Asked at a press avail in Milwaukie, Ore., if he's given up on Kentucky, which also has its primary Tuesday, Senator Obama said: "No, I don't give up on things - we have got to make choices. And I can't be everywhere at once. "

----------

In addition, the notion that Obama will not win over Kentucky today has floated  in my mind for a few weeks. Because I did not want to appear pessimist, I kept the thought to myself.

Now, I discover that the idea was not mine along. Yet, one must look for a bright side in any situation, and let in a little hope. Because as conservative as Kentucky can be, Obama has made an expression on a surprising number of unlikely voters so might be a sliver of hope for Obama in the Bluegrass state.

Evelyn out.

What is Widescreen Network News? Formerly The Constituent, this site is an informational website for some of today’s issues, such as consumer product alerts, health, education, & political views. This site also is for informing people of crimes in the community with the intent of preventing further crimes through awareness. This website is intended for readers 21 & over. It is not intended as a source of information for causing harm to others. THEREFORE, PARENTAL CONTROL IS STRONGLY ADVISED!