Tuesday, July 4, 2006

Feeling Created

Happy 4th everyone,

Evelyn here,

I am enjoying a quiet afternoon of creativity. Later I will head out to the July the Fourth celebration and fireworks. However, now I am in a creative mood. Today, I learned how to add large pictures to my blog and I discovered that I could add video also. Video entries will make the summer fun to remember.

I have labored on the above wallpaper most of the day and I am quite pleased with the results. The main subject matter is a screen grab of Lucy Lawless as Cleopatra from her Xena Warrior Princess series. We Xenites do this type of art all the time and I have been guilty of it since 1999.

As I examined in an earlier entry, I started by learning how to make graphic art with the one or two graphic programs that came with an older computer and with other freeware programs I downloaded. As freeware programs went back then, I found some small but terrific graphic programs that I still use today. Two of those programs I purchased and a third while still free is now hard to find. I have purchased several more programs since. I may use up seven graphic programs to produce one background or wallpaper. Sometime it takes me minutes and other times hours or days to complete one project. The completion depends on whether I am working with a subject like the one above or if it is an original project.

Anyway, I have killed enough time in this day and must prepare for tonight.

Evelyn out.

What is Widescreen Network News? Formerly The Constituent, this site is an informational website for some of today’s issues, such as consumer product alerts, health, education, & political views. This site also is for informing people of crimes in the community with the intent of preventing further crimes through awareness. This website is intended for readers 21 & over. It is not intended as a source of information for causing harm to others. THEREFORE, PARENTAL CONTROL IS STRONGLY ADVISED!