Friday, July 28, 2006

Workplace: the Blacks and the Blues

Hello Everyone,

Evelyn Here,

I just finished a hellish week. However, I must admit that I was not surprised by the outcome after having after reporting not just one but two co-workers for the same infraction. I then ended up listening to someone or another telling me that what I reported was not serious to them and that I should be careful not to become labeled as someone who is always complaining about their co-worker. Bravely, I made it clear that I have little to do with my co-workers because they started hazing me a month after I started working there and that I have watched them do the same to others and that some of those others have quit because of the treatment they received while trying work. 

I have survived because I put myself into my work, and I avoid much of what goes on around me. This does not mean I do not know what going. It only means that I have chosen not to involve myself after so many failed attempts at trying to “fitting in". I got to a place where it did not matter whether I was liked or disliked. What mattered was that I did my job each day and did it well. This I am please to say is exactly what I do – I do my job well. So when I know that my co-workers are turning their attention to me, I know it will be a matter of time afterward that they start to hazy and harassing me again. Generally, try to mess me up and then report that I am messing up. No friends there. Trust no one is the call of the day.

Also, and here is the kicker some of them read this blog. "Hello There! This is not a pretty picture of you is it? Keep in mean you provided the information for this entry. I just report it because that what I do as a writer. I report injustices.''

Anyway, I discovered that the duties that I now perform is neither one that is like nor respected by many of my co-workers.  Although I have been treated badly by some of my co-workers, it is not just me they do not like but also the duties I faithfully perform each day that is not likeable. However, to me the duties I perform seems to open me up to addition hazing, harassment, insults and others bias behavior wherever I attempt to get anything done which involves the assistance of one or more of myco-workers.

"It there anyone else who sees the injustice in this by-play I have with them?" 

Nevertheless, unlike the people I want to see stop selling illegal drugs on the corner where I live and can legally fight to see it stopped, I know that I have to get along with my co-workers. To do this, I do my work and avoid as much conflict as possible, especially when conflict of any form seems to be the order of the day.

 

As for my writing about what they put me through ---- well, I’m a writer.

Evelyn out.

What is Widescreen Network News? Formerly The Constituent, this site is an informational website for some of today’s issues, such as consumer product alerts, health, education, & political views. This site also is for informing people of crimes in the community with the intent of preventing further crimes through awareness. This website is intended for readers 21 & over. It is not intended as a source of information for causing harm to others. THEREFORE, PARENTAL CONTROL IS STRONGLY ADVISED!