Wednesday, July 19, 2006

My Darling Lucy - A Poem

Hello Everyone,

Evelyn Here,

It is amzing me what I am finding in my some of my old files.  Below is one of my attempts at writing ballads. I remember it hiiting my fuuny bone at the time that I first wrote it and it still does today.  It is caller, "My Darling Lucy".

----------

My Darling Lucy

 

Where are you going, Lucy dear, Lucy dear?

O’ where are you going, my darling Lucy?

O’ I’m going to the fair, husband dear, husband dear.

I’m going to the fair, my darling husband.

 

What will you do there, Lucy dear, Lucy dear?

O’ what will you do there, my darling Lucy?

O’ I shall have my fortune read, husband dear, husband dear.

I shall have my fortune read, my darling husband.

 

Why must you go, Lucy dear, Lucy dear?

O’ why must you go, my darling Lucy?

O’ I wish to know my future, husband dear, husband dear.

I wish to know my future, my darling husband.

 

Shall I come along with you, Lucy dear, Lucy dear?

O’ shall I come along with you, my darling Lucy?

O’ no, I go to be alone, husband dear, husband dear.

I go to be alone, my darling husband.

 

I wish you would stay home, Lucy dear, Lucy dear.

O’ I wish you would stay, my darling Lucy.

O’ you want me to stay home, husband dear, husband dear.

Why do you want me to stay, my darling husband?

 

Because your lover won’t be there, Lucy dear, Lucy dear.

O’ your lover won’t be at the fair, my darling Lucy.

O’ what is this you say, husband dear, husband dear?

What is this you say, my darling husband?

 

I buried him in the field, Lucy dear, Lucy dear.

O’ I buried him in the field, my darling Lucy.

O’ I’m glad you enjoyed the tea, husband dear, husband dear.

I’m glad you liked the hemlock, tea, my darling husband.

 

                                                                     Evelyn F.AltheimerFain©ABallad10/30/95

----------

Evelyn out.

P. S. This Lucy is fictional and not Lawless.

What is Widescreen Network News? Formerly The Constituent, this site is an informational website for some of today’s issues, such as consumer product alerts, health, education, & political views. This site also is for informing people of crimes in the community with the intent of preventing further crimes through awareness. This website is intended for readers 21 & over. It is not intended as a source of information for causing harm to others. THEREFORE, PARENTAL CONTROL IS STRONGLY ADVISED!